Grateful Dead Movie
Originally issued on film and then video. A new DVD version includes additional footage, and a companion 5-CD set includes yet more tracks.
Film & Video
The live tracks are from the Winterland run from 16-20 October 1974, the same concerts from which the tracks on Steal Your Face were taken.
(1) these are album tracks rather than live versions
(2) it seems as if the very end of "U.S.Blues" may be spliced from 19 October.
Thanks to Ryan Nuzum for pointing this out.
it used to be thought that these both came from 17 October, on the grounds that
that was the only time in this run that the two segued from one to the other.
But the track listing for the 5-CD set indicates that one comes from from
17 October and the other from 19 October, so they must have been spliced together.
(4) this version also on Steal Your Face
(5) the track listing on the cover of the video had "He's Gone," but that was a mistake.
This includes the following additional concert footage (the dates are taken from a posting by David Lemieux):
(6) also on Steal Your Face (but not on the CD soundtrack below).
(7) first verse only
The CD contains the following tracks (the final column indicates whether or not they also appear on the DVD and/or movie).
The dates are in some cases deduced from the original setlists, and remain to be confirmed. Some of the tracks (eg "Playing In The Band" from 16 October) are released in full on the CD, whereas only shortened versions appear in the movie).
(8) also on the compilation So Many Roads (1965-1995)
For more information on this recording see Matt Schofield's Grateful Dead Family Discography
Find Song lyrics|