Acknowledgements, Thanks, Copyright, Etc
This project has been underway for some years.
I originally planned to produce a printed Concordance to Grateful Dead Lyrics,
but subsequently realised the Web was a more convenient way of publishing and updating it.
Much of the information on which songs were played when comes from DeadBase, an invaluable reference.
Numbers of times played are mostly taken from DBX.
I have amended or updated some of the information from material I have gathered from tapes, rec.music.gdead etc,
and more recently from the DeadLists material.
Thanks to a large number of people who have helped with tapes of obscure songs and shows.
Particular thanks to
Thanks also to others who provided inspiration for this project:
- Matt Schofield for all his recent help in checking rarely played songs against Dead tapes
- Rob and Maggie Kedward, who produced the much-missed UK magazine "Spiral Light"
- Bill Giles, Dyer O'Conner, Keith Hunter and Sydney Hancock, who have supplied me with lots of fascinating tapes
- All the anonymous authors of Grateful Dead lyrics collections
The information on this site is intended for private research only, and not for any commercial use.
Original Grateful Dead songs are ©copyright Ice Nine Music;
Dylan songs are ©copyright Dwarf Music;
Beatles songs are ©copyright Northern Songs;
and the copyright in the other songs is held by various publishers.
- Blair Jackson, with his research on cover versions for The Golden Road
- David Dodd, for his wonderful Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics site, and for permission for me to put in links from my site to his
- David Gans for all the material he has put out on the Grateful Dead Hour
- and of course Robert Hunter, John Barlow and all the other lyricists
Find Song lyrics|